This is a rehost from re:Translations.
Kokugensou wo Item Cheat de Ikinuku (LN)
He survives the real fantasy world by cheating at items
> Summary <
Sawatari Takeru was suddenly teleported to a remote village in a different world. He immediately shouted with joy, “Hyahaa! Another World Teleportation! I’m the Hero!”, he then went to the nearest store, sold all his belonging and purchased an iron sword, then to the Adventurer Guild and took a Crazy Dog Subjugation Quest. He stormed out of the village and fought the dogs… and got pawned in return… easily. Just as he about to die, a female Adventurer saved him. She introduced him to a safer job as a laborer for farmer. The dream of being a Hero is over on day one.
A week of work cleaning Cow dung, he discovered that Japanese letters is considered sacred text in this world and being used in official documents. Thus he applied for job in local government office and made an assistant secretary. As he worked in the office, he tried to reproduce modern inventions in this world. He found that in the surrounding area there are resources to create Gunpowder. Thus, with the help of his superior he began developing explosives for mines, then muskets and cannons. Eventually he started up a company with slave girls as employees and selling soap and crepes.
At the same time, the kingdom was threatened by the rising activities of monsters and Takeru’s superior suggested the capital to use their firearms to fight back, but the knights just laughed at them. To prove them wrong, Takeru raised a volunteer army from slaves and farmers to exterminate the threat.
Taken from Animesuki / Novelupdates
– Translators –
(the dude who is the current main TL for Gun-Ota and this)
(Translated re:Monster, Gun-Ota and now this. Also his blog is (here) )
(Current Main Translator for re:Monster)
– Editors –
(Guest Editor from Xant Bros)
Light Novel Translations:
Prologue – Chapter 3
Notes (from Omega Harem):
- This is a rehost from re:Translations.
- Updates will be posted between 1-2 weeks after it has been released by re:Translations.
- If you find that a certain chapter has not been rehosted after 2 weeks, please do let me know by commenting on this page, or the page of the latest rehosted chapter.
- If you don’t want to wait, you can always read it over at re:Translations google documents here.
- For direct contact with re:Translations, please head over to their IRC Channel or send them an e-mail.