An alternative translation for World Teacher Volume 1: Chapter 7 is now available.
It took much longer than I expected, but I managed to get through it. ( ･ㅂ･)و ̑̑
[Difficulty: High.] A special star sticker for anyone who can tell from the translation one of the lines which I grew fond of after watching a certain Japanese drama (two stickers for the name of the drama).
With this chapter, it’s the end of Volume 1. Hopefully I won’t get lazy and go through the already released chapters and fix them up. If I do get lazy, there’ll probably be another chapter within the next 2-4 days. If I get caught in the Summer Steam Sales…who knows when the next chapter will be.
In any case, I hope you enjoy this alternative translation of World Teacher Volume 1 Chapter 7! Feel free to make suggestions, leave feedback, ask questions, or point out any mistakes I have made in the comments (in this post, or on the chapter page).
Thank you for reading!
****Notes & disclaimers:****
- These translation(s) are an alternative translation to those done by Defiring and others.
- Once again, I am not trying to take over the series, but wish to provide an alternative translation for those interested.
- Defiring (linked above) already has the first few volumes completed and will most likely be translating at a much faster speed than I am.
- As I am doing this without a translation checker nor editor, these translations are more than likely to contain inaccuracies in translation and terribad Engrish (this is not a MTL though – despite some claims otherwise).
- As this is something done in my spare time, there is no schedule. I make zero promises, I may drop it at any time.
- I have added ()’s for continuous chapter numbering. Just +1 to the ()’s for equivalent Defiring chapter numbering.
- This will be a less-localized version – I will change some SFX and the like to close English equivalents but the majority will be retained in Japanese but converted to romaji (especially honorifics and titles).
- I will also try to add translator’s notes (TLN’s) where I think further clarification may be needed.
- This translation’s main aim is accuracy over English flow – I find that when I change some sentences to flow reasonably well into English, while it has the same overall meaning, it’s deviated to such an extent that the author could’ve just written it that way in Japanese (perhaps my weak Engrish is to blame?). In any case, I will willingly sacrifice English flow for accuracy if the sentence is still intelligible in English.
- If you see any mistakes – feel free to notify me in the comments.